How Long Does Laser Hair Removal Last?

Tired of shaving, tweezing, or waxing away unwanted hair on your face and body? Then laser hair removal may be right for you. Women spend an astonishing 76 days of their lives shaving, and men are not far behind. At The Face & Body Place, we perform laser hair removal on almost all areas of the body. Whether you want to remove hair you feel is unsightly, or wish to save the time spent on traditional hair removal methods, we have your hair removal solution.

*Individual Results May Vary


How Does Laser Hair Removal Work?

For your laser hair removal treatments, Dr. Kimberly Finder uses Candela’s Alexandrite Laser for lighter toned skin, or the Yag Laser, which works well on all skin types, including tanned or darker toned skin. The laser beams highly concentrated wavelengths of light into the hair follicle. The absorption of this light kills the follicle, so it can produce no more hair. Only about 30% of hair follicles are active at a given time. The remaining 70% are dormant or resting. This is why there is a need for multiple treatments. Once the active hair follicles are destroyed in the treatment area, the dormant follicles may become active, resulting in more unwanted hair.

Am I a Good Candidate for Laser Hair Removal?

If you have unwanted hair, you’re a likely candidate for laser hair removal. At The Face & Body Place, we treat the face, arms, legs, back, abdomen, and bikini line to give you hair free skin you’ll love. For safety reasons, laser hair removal treatments are not recommended for eyebrows or near the eyes.

My appointment was last Friday with Lori. She was amazing. I appreciate all the information from her and Dr. Finder, all the attentiveness, and caring attitude. Looking forward to my next visit. 


Number of Treatments and Results

The thickness and density of the hair in the treatment area determines the number of recommended treatments the patient receives. The Alexandrite Laser, for those with lighter skin tones, typically requires between 6 and 12 sessions. The Yag Laser, which works on all skin types and tones, takes at least 6 treatments.

While side effects are usually minimal, and there’s no downtime associated with laser hair removal, it’s possible patients will experience redness, irritation, and a sunburn-like sensitivity. In some cases, ice packs offer some relief, and these symptoms will resolve within hours of the treatment. Additionally, there’s a chance for pigmentation changes. Patients with lighter skin may experience darker spots, and the reverse is true for those with darker skin tones. These are usually temporary and not cause for concern.

While many laser treatment practitioners may promise the hair removal is permanent, this may not always be the case. The body is an amazing organism, and for some people, new hair follicles may grow to replace the ones treated by the laser. This is why occasional touch up sessions could be necessary every 6 to 12 months after your initial collection of treatments. Regardless, you can expect a demonstrative reduction, if not complete elimination, of unwanted hair.

If you’re ready to throw away the expensive razors, depilatory creams, and leave behind painful waxing appointments, contact The Face & Body Place. Take back your time, and relax knowing you can wear a swimsuit without fear of unwanted body hair making an appearance. Our laser hair removal specialists are unmatched in knowledge, experience, and compassion, so you’re assured the best possible care in the San Antonio area.

Dr. Finder & her techniques are top notch. I must say all the team there is super nice & do a great job in whatever position they work.


Take the Next Step – Request A Consultation

To schedule your in-person laser hair removal consultation, call Dr. Kimberly Finder at The Face & Body Place at (210) 879-4809. We look forward to hearing from you!

*Individual Results May Vary

By |2019-03-01T12:41:27-08:00March 13th, 2019|Laser Hair Removal|0 Comments
CallEmail GalleryDirections
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.