The Face & Body Place By Dr. Kimberly Finder, M.D.

Laser Hair Removal



Are You Ready To Finally Get Rid Of Your Unwanted Body Hair For Good?

Laser hair removal is an increasingly popular way for both women and men to remove unwanted hair from their bodies. While data shows that most women spend 76 days of their life shaving and that men aren’t that far behind – laser hair removal can remove unwanted hair for good in just a matter of a handful of short treatment sessions. Do you have unwanted hair, such as on your back, that you never want to see again? Or are you looking to remove time-consuming, routine shaving or waxing sessions from your life? If so, laser hair removal might be right for you!

Am I a Good Candidate for Laser Hair Removal?

At the Face and Body Place, we treat all areas of the body, except for the eyebrows or other areas around the eyes.

If you have hair growth on your:

  • face
  • arms
  • legs
  • back
  • abdomen
  • bikini area

Our providers at The Face & Body Place can help by using either Candela’s Alexandrite Laser or Candela’s Yag Laser technology.

Consultations are Available Now

The first step is to schedule an in-person consultation with Dr. Kimberly Finder or one of our trusted providers at The Face and Body Place. Simply fill out the form on this page and request a consultation and we will reach out to you promptly to schedule your consultation appointment.

Laser Hair Removal San Antonio

How Long Does a Typical Treatment Take?*

Laser hair removal requires multiple treatment sessions. The length of each session is going to vary per patient depending on the thickness of his or her hair and the amount of hair in the treatment area. The Alexandrite Laser, which is best for patients with lighter skin tones, typically requires between six to twelve sessions depending on the thickness and the darkness of the hair. The Yag Laser, which works on all skin types including tanned skin and darker skin tones, typically requires between four to six treatments.

What Results Will I See?*

At any given point of time, only about 30% of your hair follicles are active. The other 70% of your hair follicles are either resting or in the dormant phase, thus the need for multiple treatment sessions to completely remove unwanted hair. Candela’s research and before and after photos show that most patients who undergo their individually recommended number of treatment sessions with either the Alexandrite or Yag Lasers can successfully remove most unwanted hair follicles.

Is There Any Downtime?

Patients who are treated with either the Alexandrite or Yag Lasers may experience some swelling in their treatment area for a few days after each session. Itching may also occur. The treatment area may also turn red. This usually resolves within one to several days.

Take the Next Step

To schedule your consultation with Dr. Kimberly Finder, please fill out the form on this page or call The Face and Body Place in San Antonio, TX, at 210-492-3200.

CallEmail GalleryDirections
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.